Sunday, January 24, 2010

Back on Track

I am getting back on track!!!!!!! I hope to do more blogging as part of my journaling, I love to talk about my family and their achievements (what mom doesn't!)

We have not been the greatest FHE family, however, we have been doing FHE every week for 3 months now! Taylan, Andi and Bren all have been doing well in preparing their own assignments and understanding what should and shouldn't be a lesson. This week Andi prepared a lesson on modesty, she listed several items on paper and then we had to determine if the item was modest or not. Taylan asked Andi what her lesson was on and RESEARCHED to find a scripture that talked about it, he did a great job! Brenaya had a great activity planned....musical chairs! Janalise would get sooo mad when the music was shut off because she loves dancing and running around.

I had the insurance company back out today to evaluate our situation with the water and they want to bring the roofers out for an inspection. They found last week water still dripping from the outside of the house and found icicles IN the attic. Roof problem?!?!? I hope we don't have to tear the back of the house or the roof off to get this taken care of!

Girl Scouts are out and about! Bren and Andi are both girl scouts and are selling cookies. I took them out on the first day of sales...we hit a lot of the car dealerships where I have connections, but have yet to hit my neighborhood! I know we have a lot of girls around here selling and I hate 'bothering' neighbors if I feel like someone has already been around.....but I am planning on going around tomorrow, so watch out!

Had a fabulous time at my mother-in-laws make-up party on Saturday, it's nice to have a few hours with just the LADIES!!!! I do not like paying the cost of the products....$13 for lipstick are you kidding me, $28 for foundation...YIKES! But I did buy some youth facial cleanser for $10. That I can do! I feel like I go to these make up parties ALL the time and I know their products, policies and proceedures...I could become a rep, but like I said I can't justify the cost and would feel awkward asking others to do it.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Make sure you stop by our house with the girl scouts - we want some cookies.